Thursday 22 November 2018

Brasserie Federal, Zurich.

While I’m waiting in Zurich (watching the spy in the mirror who is wearing a hat just like mine) I’ll take a seat in the Brasserie Federal. I’ll have the peppered venison with red cabbage, chestnuts and apple, with a Falken schwartzbier to drink and fried apple rings with vanilla sauce to follow. Then coffee, after which there’ll be just enough time to board the 21.40 to Prague. We’ll pull out of Zurich train station precisely on time and before long the seats will have been turned down into beds and I’ll be able to watch Switzerland, Germany and the Czech Republic zip past my window under a clear, winter sky full of crystal and pearl.

No comments:

Thingummy

Long way into town.

The guest house was cool and quiet. From under its thatched roof and high ceilings I stepped into the already stale morning. It was like w...